Thursday, January 5, 2012

What we don't see.


One of the aspects of photography that I enjoy is the silent collaboration I have with every person that looks at my photographs.  As a photographer, I can only hope my images find people who are in the mood to look.

I took this photo last September on Waikiki Beach on the island of Oahu, Hawaii.

I was struck immediately by the way this man walked out of the  water.  He strode.  There are certain men whose movements are marked by having served in the military.  This man was one of them.

His friend is enjoying a dip in the warm and blue waters of Waikiki.  They have been life long friends.  They like to travel.  His friend loves to swim.

"It's his favorite thing," the man told me.

1 comment:

Wadjella Yorga said...

this feels goooood JT!
Liking the banner, and resonate with 'people in the mood to look'

sitemeter

Analytics

analytics