Sunday, January 8, 2012

Joining the great stream of images.

In this post-modern world, the real smarties go around saying that are no original thoughts.  The annoying thing about these post-modernists is that if they knew Ecclesiastes, they would have realized that their important insight about unoriginality is, in fact, a very unoriginal thought.


This is a rather round about way of introducing you to a new addition to my website, called Projects.  I create a tremendous amount of images, not simply as commercial work, but from my own need to photograph.  For the last three years, I have probably averaged 35k images per year.  (I raised the question of "how many photos do you take a year" once in a photography forum.  A lot of people had some very strong opinions about the value of working one way or another, which I found odd, as if there were some correct way to produce a photograph. I was just curious how many photos other photographers took, as I don't hang out with photographers, except virtually.)

In fulfilling my own need to photograph, patterns and themes and objects naturally arise.  There isn't anything I am not interested in photographing.  Under the new heading of Projects, I will be presenting different collections of images.  Some with be quite linear, like the first entry: Chairs.  Others will not be.

If you want a trip down back in time to 1950s America and want to see another photographer (some punk named Robert Frank) who liked chairs, visit this issue of Life Magazine.

No comments:

sitemeter

Analytics

analytics